- We foster intellectual curiosity and open thought, encourage collaboration, and seek to create a welcoming environment for all.
- We value a person-centered environment, designing services and spaces that are responsive to our community.
- We prioritize the process of discovery, embracing opportunities for growth and change for both our patrons and ourselves.
- We work to disseminate knowledge and provide open, equitable access to information for everyone in their journey of lifelong learning.
- We protect each individual’s privacy as the cornerstone of intellectual freedom.
- We believe knowledge created by current and past generations is essential for making the discoveries of tomorrow possible.
- We value collaboration, actively pursuing sustainable partnerships to achieve shared goals, foster new ideas, and extend impact.
We envision the Library as a welcoming hub of discovery where all may find the tools and resources they need to contribute towards a better future for themselves, their communities, and the world.
Albert R. Mann Library is an open, trusted and welcoming home for research and discovery in the life sciences, agriculture, applied social sciences and human ecology. As a New York State land-grant library, we actively support the needs of all who seek knowledge and foster the open exchange of diverse ideas to improve the lives of people everywhere. Recognizing that the information landscape is ever changing, we preserve knowledge and strive to be innovative in our approach to its dissemination and in service to our patrons, particularly our partners in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and College of Human Ecology.