Library Update for Alert Level Red
Cornell University moved to COVID-19 Alert Level Red on Tuesday, December 14.
With this, all library spaces on the Cornell campus, Mann Library included, are closed for use by students until further notice.
A sad development! But for anyone needing access to library resources before the campus winter break that starts on December 24, we do have good news, as follows:
- Faculty and staff continue to have access to library stacks and can enter Mann Library by swiping their Cornell ID’s.
- If you need a book from the library can request them via the library catalog; please select “Contactless Pickup-Mann” as your pick-up site of choice in the drop down menu.
- If you need to return a book, the book drop box in the breezeway between Mann Library and Plant Sciences is unlocked and able to accept returns.
- Plotter printing can be ordered via the form at the bottom of Mann’s poster & specialty printing page. Printed posters will be available for pick-up in the contactless pick-up area off the Mann Lobby.
- Mann contactless pick-up room (Mann 112) off the Mann Lobby is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. on Saturday through Thursday, December 23rd. Along with the rest of the Cornell campus, Mann Library will be closed for the winter holiday from December 24, 2021 through January 2, 2022. For upcoming library hours, see our hours page.
- Fast library reference assistance continues to be available in various virtual ways, including 24/7 Chat. Find details at library.cornell.edu/ask
- More in-depth subject-specific research support (i.e. in Science, Social Science, Design, and Interdisciplinary, as well as GIS and data management) also continues to be available via zoom. Start here to get connected to the right person: mann.library.cornell.edu/research-services.
- For additional info on library resources that Cornellians can count on from off-campus, see the nice overview at library.cornell.edu/off-campus.
Wishing you all good luck, friends, as we navigate these tricky last few days of the fall 2021 semester together. Stay safe and healthy!