Attention faculty and instructors! Did you miss the August 7th deadline for course reserves? You’re not too late! If you want to provide your students access to library materials for the 2023 Fall semester, please submit your requests by Monday, August 14.
- Electronic resources, including textual and media materials, can be made available via your Canvas course
- Physical materials will be available for self-service at Mann Library. Materials are for in-library use with overnight checkout possible within 2 hours of closing
- If you are using required textbooks for undergraduates through the bookstore’s CAMP program, we can place those titles on Course Reserves for students who opt out of CAMP
- If items you want to use are not placed on reserve early, then students as well as patrons of Borrow Direct and Interlibrary Loan will be able to borrow the holdings from our collection
- If you choose to have departmental copies of books on reserve, we ask that you arrange to have the books taken back to your department at the end of the semester
We’ve made some changes for streaming media—you have a couple of options for submitting course reserves media requests:
- You can submit item requests via the Library Reserves section of your course’s Canvas page, making sure to specify that you need streaming access (where available), or
- You may send us a list or syllabus at email@example.com, ideally including all of the following information:
- Course number, including any cross-listed courses
- Section number, if applicable to differentiate from other sections
- SIS ID, which can be found in the Settings section of your course’s Canvas page
- The date(s) when the material will be used in your course
If you have any questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s helpful to include the class number in correspondence. For streaming media questions, please contact email@example.com.